Are you considering the idea? Mull these over… six reasons to plan a walkathon:
- They are an easy way to socialize. A lot of people (like me) find it easier to make friends while they are moving. The conversation comes more naturally than at a party.
- They are healthy. Everyone gets out and moves.
- They are fun. It’s basically a big theme party out doors.
- They appeal to all ages. There’s plenty to do for children, and the calmer set can sit and watch the walkers go by.
- They can be a catalyst for a lot of publicity for your cause.
- They can be very lucrative.
Yes, it’s a lot of work. However, a Walkathon can bring in good money and at the same time, provide a friendly, healthy, and fun event for your community. I say plan well, but go for it!