Posted on October 1, 2016 by walkathonguide
- Read the blog. Just scroll down or click on the Links and Tags to the right.
- Don’t forget the Walkathon Lap Cards! Learn more and see all the ways we can help at walkathonshop.com
Filed under: advanced preparation, introduction, walkathon planning in general | Leave a comment »
Posted on August 10, 2016 by walkathonguide
Here are some posts to read when you are just starting out. Each of these five articles link to the next in the sequence. Like a treasure hunt for walkathon planning.
1. Setting Walkathon Goals
2. Four Criteria for Pinpointing Your Walkathon Cause
3. Start Now for Next Year
4. Walkathon Volunteer List
5. Tips on Recruiting Walkathon (or any) Volunteers
You can do this!
Filed under: advanced preparation, goals, introduction, publicity, Uncategorized, volunteers, walkathon planning in general | Tagged: advanced preparation, fundraising, planning a walkathon, publicity, tracking distance, volunteers, walkathon celebration, walkathon chairs, walkathon setup | Leave a comment »
Posted on January 4, 2011 by walkathonguide
Do you learn by listening? Then we have the podcast for you… words of wisdom from my friend Roger Carr and I, all about planning walkathons. Click to listen.
Filed under: advanced preparation, concessions, counting laps, goals, introduction, maximizing funds, setup, technology | Tagged: advanced preparation, benefits, fundraising, fundraising software, lap cards, making friends, planning a walkathon, publicity, volunteers | Leave a comment »
Posted on September 2, 2009 by walkathonguide
Roger Carr, author of Charity Walks Blog, has invited me as his first guest on the Charity Event Success radio show. The interview will take place on Saturday, September 5, 2009 at 2 p.m. Eastern. We will be discussing the topic of Planning for a Successful Walkathon. There are several ways to listen to the conversation:
* Call (347) 850-8340 to listen to the show live
* Listen to the streamed show from the host webpage at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/charity-event-success
* Listen to an archive of the interview will be available immediately following the show at Roger’s blog.
Be sure to leave a comment on the show page when you visit.
Filed under: advanced preparation, benefits of walkathons, goals, introduction, volunteers, walkathon planning in general | Tagged: advanced preparation, fundraising, lap cards, planning a walkathon, t shirts, tracking distance, walkathon celebration, walkathon chairs, walkathon supplies | Leave a comment »
Posted on May 11, 2009 by walkathonguide
Anna and I at the Bullis Charter School Walkathon 2008
Hi! I’m Lee Garverick and this is my inaugural Walkathon blog entry. Thank you for finding me!
I love walkathons, was co-chair of my daughter’s walkathon in 2008, and have been involved in eleven different walkathons over the past eleven years (and counting). I am writing an e-book about how to organize and run one for your school. It should be ready in a few weeks.
- Meanwhile, I’d like to collect your requests. If you are planning, or have planned, a walkathon, what would be most useful to include here?
- Also, if you’re in the midst of planning and need advice, please just shoot me an email at email@example.com. I’d love to help if I can. I’ve kept records of everything so hopefully I can help you.
- Finally, send me a note if you’d like to get on my email list. I’ll be giving advanced copies of the guide to the earliest responders (comments welcome!).
Filed under: benefits of walkathons, introduction | Tagged: fundraising, planning a walkathon | 2 Comments »